news + projects
STUDIO in Coral Gables, FL (Miami)
KLARA CHAVARRIA CONTEMPORARY ART:
2912 PONCE DE LEON BLVD.
CORAL GABLES, FL. 33134
(across Ponce de Leon Circle/Park)
Studio open daily from 11-4 and always by appointment.
For additional information, to schedule a studio visit or questions please contact:
ph. 305.282.2116 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio space exclusively representing the artwork, vision + projects.
"The concept of the work is an exploratory exercise in awareness, imploring us to look beyond the surface. Through the layering of ideas and experiences, it alludes to a life so blindly entrenched in its own ways, particularly emphasizing the distinction between what is, what one hopes and what ought to be..."
• Ongoing: Working on selected private collections art commissioned projects.
• Coral Gables Museum, Art Exhibition, Curated by Denise Gerson: Art Appraisar, curator and associate director of The Lowe's Art Museum | Art Exhibit, February 2013
• Art|Basel Week: Red Dot Art Fair, December 2012
• Published Book now available at Books & Books:
Klara Chavarria, Selected Work I, 2004-2011
Books & Books: Lecture Project, date to be announced.
• Corporate and Private Art Projects: Installations and Commissions
• ART BOOK | CATALOGUE PUBLICATION:
"Klara Chavarria: Selected work I, 2004-2011"
Publication date: Summer/2012
*now available at the Studio and at Books & Books
• Working + collaborating with writers, galleries, art dealers, private, public + corporate collectors, designers, institutions, etc.
• Selected to work with the City of Miami Beach for a public art & design project
• Consecutive art awards
• Selection of artwork for book cover + cd
• Working and exhibiting with collectors, art galleries and art venues nationally and Internationally
• Honorable invitation for four consecutive years to participate in the prestigious Latin American art exhibit and auction, Juannio, at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Guatemala City
• Studios in Chicago and Cincinnati prior to Miami
"Keep your work and your words authentic, do not imitate" KC