news + projects
KLARA CHAVARRIA KEPFER
Private Studio + Exhibition Space:
2912 PONCE DE LEON BLVD.
CORAL GABLES, FL. 33134
Mon-Sat, daily, 10-5:00 and by appointment.
For information, to schedule a visit or questions contact:
ph. 305.282.2116 | email: email@example.com
"In my work the human becomes line and form tracing toward the source, eliminates any distraction or definition and aligns concern and question with my need for observation and the contemplation of life. I have an interest in the essence of our human self and not in any exterior definitions or characterizations." KC
"The concept of the work is an exploratory exercise in awareness, imploring us to look beyond the surface. Through the layering of ideas and experiences, it alludes to a life so blindly entrenched in its own ways, particularly emphasizing the distinction between what is, what one hopes and what ought to be..."
© Copyright. Klara Chavarria
Lowe Museum of Art Exhibition | Art Basel 2018 | Curator: Jill Deupy | Lowe Museum of Art / Beaux Arts Director | Miami, FL.
•Project and exhibition with the Broward Cultural Center | 2017-2018 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL
• MASTEC Corporation | Headquarters Office Building | Corporate Collection | Installation and Acquisition | 2013 - 2018 | Special Selection | Ongoing Exhibit + Installation | Coral Gables, FL (Miami)
• Commissioned projects| from the studio | 2016 - 2018
• Brickell Bay + Coconut Grove | Project + Installations | 2016-2018 | Brickell (Miami,FL)
• Anderson Ranch Arts Center | Aspen, CO | Worked 4 years with artists and scholar: Enrique Martinez Celaya | Residencies | Workshops | 2015-2016-2017 | Los Angeles: 2018
• The Lowe Museum of Art | University of Miami | January 2015
• Private Collection Commissions | Installation: April 2014l | Coral Gables, FL
• Coral Gables Museum: Water is Life | Opening: March 6
• Collaboration with: Valkhof Press | Netherlands | 2013
Book Project | Justice and Forgiveness
Essays voor Edith Brugmans
Art by: Klara Chavarria | "Path to Forgiveness"
Valkhof Press | Netherlands
• ART BOOK | PUBLICATION | 2013:
"Klara Chavarria: Selected work I, 2004-2011"
Books & Books: Lecture Project and Book will be available through the artist's studio & at Books & Books in Miami, FL.
• Ongoing: Corporate and Private Art Projects:
Installations and Commissions
• Selected to work with the City of Miami Beach for a public art & design project
• Selection of artwork for book covers + cd's
• Working and exhibiting with collectors, art galleries and art venues nationally and Internationally
• Honorable invitation and participation for four consecutive years in the prestigious Latin American art exhibit and auction, Juannio, at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Guatemala City.
• Studios in Chicago and Cincinnati prior to Miami